Lily & Loaf
Marjoram 10ml (Organic)
A warm, comforting, spicy fragrance. Camphorous, penetrating and slightly eucalyptus-type aroma for decongestant effects. Traditionally symbolised love, and happiness
ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL 10ml
Respiratory | Nervous | Structural | Calm | Honour | Happiness
Marjoram essential oil is steam distilled from the Origanum majorana, which is native to Mediterranean regions. It is known to have been used by herbalists since ancient Greece, where they crowned bridal couples with wreaths of marjoram to symbolize love, honour and happiness. The ancient Greeks cultivated it for culinary and medicinal purposes as well as for its aroma.
Marjoram has a calming effect on the nervous system, relieves anxiety and stress, and can help with relaxation and restful sleep. This oil is said to be effective as an antiseptic and expectorant for the respiratory tract, and can be useful to relieve cold symptoms and congestion. Spanish marjoram oil is commonly used in aromatherapy and blends well with lavender and bergamot oils for creating a relaxing environment.
To find out more about this product download our factsheet HERE
Uses & Benefits
- Diffuse to soothe nerves and stress. Eucalyptus-like aroma clears sinuses and respiratory system.
- Massage after blending to ease aching muscles and sore joints, ideal post-workout rub.
- Apply diluted to a compress. Add to bathwater for sweet, warming, camphorous aroma.
- Blends well with Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Orange, Lavender.
- Do not ingest Lily & Loaf Essential Oils. Never use undiluted.
- Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
- Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
- Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
- Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.
ESSENTIAL OIL: 100% Organic Sweet Marjoram - Origanum majorana PLANT PART: Flowering Tops EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam Distillation [/size]